Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No Place Like Home


February 21, 2007

by Housewife4Palestine

Life is fascinating especially when it involves travel whether it is for yourself or the impeding arrival of a good friend that you have awaited with bated breathing of anticipation.

People is what life is about, I have always said this because friends and family are one of a kind and no matter what, when they are gone for what ever reason that they cannot be replaced.

When I was growing up, I always understood that living as a refugee was like being a person without a country and everyone should have a place to call home and their own country.

It seems stranger to me now, when I would travel as a child and see a nice family home and wish someday, I could have the same.

You would see the warm glow of a light, or what seemed to me back then what had to be the warmth in my heart of a family all together in their own place and how to me it most be nice to have something like this. I always said one day me and others like me would have the same.

As many Palestinian people became like a people scattered to the four winds, my family included, it will always seem like a harsh reality. No matter what country you are a refugee in you can not assimilate into that society for the simple fact we are so vastly different from the host country.

My mother use to mention, when someone would say, I was different as a child and I would come running home to her is why or is their something wrong with me. My mother would always say we were different and not much more could be said. I always understood that to live outside of Palestine was not just being a refugee but you were in in a virtual limbo of exile.

One thing you learn living like this, is the firm understanding that all people should live in the comfort and warmth of their own home or in this case their own country.

I have seen pictures and it always seemed that through no fault of our own we must be like railroad hobo’s looking for some place that you hope is not so distant in our future.

Time and time again the Zionist yell homeland, which in all reality how could this be at the cost of a people that this has been their homeland for about 7,000 years to be interrupted for a second time by a people calling themselves Zionist and this time landing on our soil with guns.

I have always understood to come in peace, you do not bring guns, but an olive branch with a kind heart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home