Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Woman's Dua

A Muslim Woman's prayer of thanks to her creator and Lord- based upon a Poem written by Mujtahid2006.

Video edited and produced by Neocarvi.

Poem illustrates the position of a woman in Islam, her Status and importance as a symbol of God's gift of Sacred life.





Glory be unto You that made kindness to me a worship for men.

Glorified is the created but glorious is the creator.

You have ordained for me crowns of cloth and silk that men may recognise my majesty.

I am enthroned upon their shoulders by your command.

They shall enter my presence in humility.

Provision is my tribute from them.

Respect is my due.

With life and blood do they guard me.

I am a protected treasure, of shrouded light, safe from those who would plunder me with their gaze.

You have made me a cradle of life, honoured and sacred.

Why should I be bound in shackles of forged whim and social expectation.

When being true to who I am You have promised me Your Face.

You have given me my rights in a world that would usurp them.

Though voices of men are louder and heavier.

Praise be unto You that have given unto our speech an equal weighting.

Exulted am I above men, that I possess honour beyond need of earning.

For Nobility is my birthright.

By their deeds, I shall recognise the virtuous amongst men.

By their faults, I shall see their humanity.

For those judged worthy and noble- shall I burden them with a sweet taste.A mercy and love ordained; shall be our exchange.

A worship of You manifest.A sweet fruit; tasted but never touched, consumed but never eaten.

Tasted by the senses and consumed by the heart.I am a taste of paradise incarnate.

A reminder of divine mercy.

Precious life shall be our gift.Thus, glorified shall we be anew.

By those seeking shade underneath my feet.By those who would call me mother.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger NeoCarvi said...

nice to see my video touched someones heart (^_^)

Allah preserve you
salaam alaikum

6:05 AM  
Blogger HRM Deborah of Israel and the Messenger of Peace said...

neocarvi,

Yes it did and I thank you so very much and you too.

Walaikumu salaam :D

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home