Thursday, October 16, 2008

Draped in Prayer

Jewish men draped in prayer Tallit's (shawls), take part in the Blessing of the Priests ceremony or 'Birkat Cohanim,' at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, on 16 October 2008; during the Jewish holiday of Sukkot ( the Feast of the Tabernacles).
Jewish men draped in prayer Tallit's (shawls).


A father covers the head of his son in a prayer Tallit's (shawls).
Orthodox Jewish men cover their heads with prayer Tallit's (shawls).

One may see Jewish Tallit's (shawls) in various sizes and colors, but each one according to Jewish Law; but something about seeing them from time to time since I was a child, has always given me a sense of amazed admiration to the point I shyly say of staring and the interesting part, I have never fully understood why; unless like so many things as in Islam, it is like seeing Allah (G-d) in the world. Which makes one’s heart leap, just thinking about it.

As in further thinking, in the several places I had to go or were forced to go in my life thus far, that there are some buildings that are supposed to be dedicated to God and I have found sometimes, you can feel Him present and in other’s it is very cold; because He is not there. I have found in my life, this is one of those tests or gaining of knowledge that a person should learn or experience, to understand about Allah (G-d) within truth‘s about Him.- HRM Deborah

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home