Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yusuf Islam Welcome in Palestine

American singer Yusuf Islam attends the "Ivor Novello Awards" at Grosvenor House in London on May 24, 2007.

Yusuf Islam was invited to perform at an event celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Peres Center for Peace and had received a personal invitation from Jewish President Shimon Peres.

While I do not understand the actual reason Yusuf Islam is not being accepted in Palestine, HRM Deborah of Palestine does give him permission and it was kind of Jewish President Peres to invite him; but unless something is explained to me otherwise, Islam may come.

As to any problems or fears on entering the country, accept for our current Canaanite terrorist problem; I am sorry to say, otherwise I can not foresee any problem.

As to Yusuf Islam personally, while I have very much enjoyed his Nasheed’s, I also understand he is a good man and does believe in charity, to peace for all people. I have followed Yusuf Islam’s career the best I could, since I was a teenager.

The song I enjoyed the most of Yusuf Islam’s when I was a teenager was called, “Oh Very Young” and I still enjoy it even today; probably because of it’s classical overtones and appreciate music such as this, coming from such a gifted man.

As to the last few years, of Yusuf Islam being subjected to Islamophobia and remarks that is clearly not him, especially from the US; I have always found to be appalling.

Nevertheless, anytime Yusuf Islam wishes to come to Palestine, he is very welcome to do so, unless like I said, unless someone appropriately tells me different; because of Yusuf Islam's mistreatment outside of Palestine. With him having been subjected to Islamophobia, in the US, for I know, I do not have any problem; with the good people in my home country which I appreciate there thoughtful judgement very much.

This makes me think of one of those times when people at home can not see me and may forget sometimes, how much I love and appreciate everyone in my country and have to feel like I am stumbling with words to try and explain something good and yes, I say this with a kind, happy smile.

Something maybe I do not say often enough, is within my country I see a very large loving family that are both Jewish and Muslim; which I keep everyone very close in my heart, with the further hope inshaallah (Allah [God] willing) to one day seeing my countrymen. If by some chance, I do not get to see everyone; my love will never diminish, for I will love my family my whole life.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home