Friday, April 7, 2006

In Memory of my Mother

by Housewife4Palestine


The man in the Picture is James Baskett who played Uncle Remus who in turn originally sang Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah in the Walt Disney movie called, "Song of the South." Posted by Picasa

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

When I was young and my mother was happy, she used to like to sing this song while she worked.


A Child Remembers

When I was a little girl, my mother use to tell me that the country we were living in really wasn’t our home. But that we came from Palestine and that until Palestine was free I was not to step one foot there. When you are a child you wonder why? So the most important personal parts of my life were to learn about Allah first. Actually, learning about Allah was not pressured on me like a lot of children; I wanted to learn and know who He really is.

Then next important thing was to really learn about history namely Palestine, but I ended up learning much about history as well as current events. This not taken a little time but so far my whole life. And what I have learned at times I have to admit has brought me much happiness, but also great sadness. And believe me I have shed my share of tears.

The main thing I have always understood is we are supposed to be the best people we know how to be. That through the Prophets (PBUH) we are taught what people who are truly of Allah should be like, otherwise our role models. These self same people gave us the Torah and the Quran, the Bible that the Christians follow stemming from these beginnings. How could we have gotten so afar from the people that we were suppose to be, by the help of one Shaytan (Satan).

When I was in college I took a class on world religions because whether people confess to it or not most cultures are interconnected by their religion. Otherwise a single person is a whole package, even to who their ancestors where; is within them even if they do not realize it. So to say a person has to be this way or that way, dealing with everything from politics to the actual way a person lives is destroying the beauty of a people that Allah created and it didn’t take Him a little time but over thousands of our years to what we see today.

Think about it if we were all the same, this would really be a boring world indeed. If we destroy the world we live in, we have destroyed what Allah created and myself I wouldn’t want to face Him with that on my shoulders. And believe me it doesn’t take Albert Einstein to know Allah exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home