Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"This is not a bomb, I just bought this shampoo from the Airport gift shop.”



January 16, 2006

by Housewife4Palestine

With all the prejudice that is occurring in the West, to try to bridge the gape between Muslim and non-Muslim a show along these lines seems to have popped up called, "Little Mosque on the Prairie.” From the first show, it seemed to be an instant hit.

While I do not agree with some of the representations in this program, I have to admit I did laugh.

While some people may say this program is making a political statement, the creator Zarqa Nawaz say’s no, that it is strictly entertainment.

It is a program coming out of Canada, on station CBC. It actually seems to be taking a humorous look at what it is like living in the West as a Muslim.

In addition, I would hope not all people who are not Muslim would think we quite do things and look this way.


The clip I am presenting here, why it may seem a little exaggerated, I have had it almost this bad in American airports.

“We see a Muslim, turn on the attack dogs, the security wands and the over head light with the rubber hose. This is not a bomb, I just bought this shampoo from the Airport gift shop.”

Therefore, if you see this show and think we are like this as Muslim’s, the joke is on you.



Watch the whole Program


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home