Saturday, March 1, 2008

Any Holocaust Makes for a Sad Day

1 March 2008

by HRM Deborah

It is strange, I guess because of the onslaught that is going these days among my fellow countryman, that I happen today to find a book at the seller’s stall on the Jewish Holocaust.

I would like to make it very clear here that I in all my studies thus far am still perplexed of how one person could treat another person so despicably. While I have not gotten very far in this new book, which I had been trying to find for a little time now to further my studies of such a time in history that caused so many broken hearts and lost of loved one’s.

When I found this book today, a new friend of mine just happened to be with me and we decided to have coffee and talk.

I was actually a little upset at the subject matter of this book, because as I said, how I feel about people mistreating each other.

Earlier in this blog, I had related a story of an older women that I use to help her carry her shopping bag. Because something about her reminded me of my Grandmother and later I learned she was a survivor of an extermination camp and yes the Nazi number Stamp was on her forehead. I will even say she was the only survivor of the Jewish Holocaust from her family and even talking about her today because she had to leave me when I was a child, that I still get a lump in my throat and I will admit a few tears because she was my friend.


In addition, a few people had asked me after I related this story earlier on this blog, if the Jewish friend knew I was Palestinian, I will be perfectly honest here; I do not think it made any more difference to her then it did to me that she was Jewish or I was Palestinian, because the bonds of friendship between two people can often time’s circumvent these other idea’s that sometimes people may have in the world.

Then I got to talking, I think later to my friend, something my mother had told me because when this event happened, I was not born yet. When my Grandmother Dora was Queen and their were several survivor’s of the Jewish Holocaust, she wanted very much to help them. She actually offered for those who wished to come and live among the Palestinian people in peace and she had wanted to ensure their safety because she was so upset to what happened to these people by the Nazi’s. What I was told, why this did not occur she was overturned not by the Palestinian people, but the American’s.

Until the day she died, she never got over that such a thing like this happened and she was made helpless, to at least try to help where she thought she could.

Now as to the current situation between the Zionist and the Palestinians, I heard the old Cliché’, that said to the effect that we the Palestinian people planned to destroy the Jewish,/ Zionist people that at this time is occupying Palestine. Myself, I had said nothing to this effect and I do not know of anyone else who had said such a thing either. Instead, who ever is telling these bold face lies need to put a muzzle over their head.

Myself, unless people forget so soon, I have tried to make a just peace between, the Jewish people and the Palestinians with the hope it would be fair to all, not an idiot statement to the negative effect.

As to threatening a Holocaust against the people in Gaza, just make’s people understand that if the Zionist people attempt to do this, they will become no better then the Nazi’s did to their people during the time of World War 2.

As I said, the day not so many hours ago, if the Zionist wish any advancement’s to cease, stop attacking and murdering innocent Palestinian’s and we will do the same. For it is better to have and honest peace equal to all; then lie’s, murder, deception especially by foreign power’s instead of each other.

I truly hope someday the word, “Holocaust,” will fall out of all the dictionaries in the world and become a thing of the past; to be replaced with love and goodwill.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home