Saturday, March 1, 2008

Have We Forgotten Ourselves

1 March 2008
by HRM Deborah
Something, I am noticing as I scan the news, is certain news sources seem to be pushing this war to continue and I actually find this appalling.

The idea comes at a time, when I happened to see a nicely dressed Jewish woman when I was out yesterday, she happened to look up at me as I smiled and waved at her. While she looked surprised, she then also smiled a very beautiful smile and waved back at me.

Something, like this small event of people’s daily lives got to making me think that many things between the Jewish people and the Palestinian people has either been forgotten or in some manner erased over time.

While I have showed just a few example’s scattered about this blog of either misconceptions of people whether intentionally or not, also with the telling of lies that maybe started actually this war or has made it contine all this time. In addition, in the things that I did write trying to expose the truth, so with the hope that we can come to a form of inner peace for the fact this war should have never been.

Now as I think back in history, except for a few disagreements people may have had and I do think this happens to most people, even in marriage.
Nevertheless, these incidents have always been by small groups of people and resolved actually in a very small time. However, as a whole of the history of the Middle East, the Jewish people not just including the Palestinian people but all Arab neighbors actually got along with great respect for each other and I would hope this would occur once again.

Going back thinking about that lady yesterday, we as people both Jewish and Palestinian have forgotten some of these elements especially who we once was as people because of this long war.

I do hope in the very near future we find this compassion again, because to appreciate a person; you do not wish to hurt them in any manner.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home