Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Children Reading Material is it good for them?

A Palestinian youth holds an Arabic translation of a Harry Potter book at a bookstore in east Jerusalem, on 11 August 2008. Harry Potter and Pinocchio are apparently not welcome in the Jewish sector, at least in their Arabic translations imported from Syria and Lebanon. Arab publisher Salah Abassi told Jewish public radio that authorities ordered him to stop importing certain Arabic-language children's books.

by HRM Deborah

I happened to have made a comment not long ago on my feelings about the Harry Potter books and the fact that I do not approve of these books. As to them being written in Arabic, Hebrew or by chance some language from Mars, it makes no difference.

While I do not believe in censorship or book banning, but I do have a problem is books especially created for children with the subject matters that are condemned by Allah (God); which in this particular case is Witchcraft or Sorcery, to anything associated with this matter; for the simple fact these types of subjects belong more on Satan‘s bookshelf then for good people.

It is well known through not only religious history, but other types, that material such as this causes temptation and at one time, it would isolate the person or person’s that took it upon themselves to learn or practice these types of subjects from Satan.

As for the book of Pinocchio, I actually do not have a problem, because personally I have not found anything really offense in this particular book; what I have found in my little reading of this story was an attempt to teach children to be good, instead of bad children.

While Pinocchio happened to be a childhood favorite of my mother’s and I am sure if she thought it had been harmful; she wouldn’t have let me know of the books existence, I am most assured on this fact.


There is a whole world of books that not only teach good subjects, but are educational and this is what one should think of when putting or allowing books to be put in children’s hands, because a child while they should understand the world around them, have a good education; it is not necessary to teach them the dark sides of life, for in doing this one creates sad or dysfunctional children in numerous ways on the long road and Satan always has an open door.

While my opinion is not just limited to the Jewish people, it should be a practice thorough out Palestine and I say this for the well-being of everyone.

Nevertheless, the foundation a parent or teacher gives to there children, especially reading material; creates the type of adult they will become.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home