Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Remembering Rafah


Home demolition-most people can't even ask the bulldozer driver to wait until they put at least some of their things out of the house before it will be demolished Posted by Picasa


Looking on at Rafah after the demolition Posted by Picasa

Reports From Rafah-palestine

http://www.rafah.vze.com/


"From the Children of Rafah"
- in the aftermath of the Israeli incursion of January 2004

http://www.onweb.to/palestine/siryo/rafahchildjan04.html

Excerpt:

Aya Al-Sha'er (13 yrs old)

At 10 o'clock, all of my family was asleep. I woke up very afraid. This day was a terrible day, a dark day. Even if I tried to describe the pain of that day, I wouldn't be able to. We felt very afraid. The bulldozers came without warning. They destroyed two rooms and a bathroom. All of my family shouted in front of the bulldozer, but the bulldozer kept going on with its destruction. My father said to the bulldozer, "Please give me a little time to take our furniture out of the house", but the bulldozer didn't agree to this and started shooting at my father. He was shot in the back and in the leg. Thank God my father is okay now. Now we are staying at my married sister's house. I still can't believe this horrible thing happened. It is like a dream, even though the journalists have been writing a lot about what happened in the newspapers. We children can't do anything. Our Authority can't do anything, and so what can we children do? We ask God to give us some security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home