Saturday, September 30, 2006

Islamophobia Meets Humanity

While rescuers in Mississippi were doing this:
Our irrelevent president was doing this with his trophy boyfriend:

Picture Source

September 30, 2006

by Housewife4Palestine

I made a point on my trip to visit some of the Gulf Coast and take the time to look around and visit with some of the people there, what I found is still a lot of sorrow and people struggling for the basic necessities.

While many grocery market’s are up and running the prices are through the roof they are so high. I also took the time to go to such places as clothing stores and saw the same problem. Taking the time to talk to people in these establishments they gave the opinion that they are victims of price gouging which I thought was illegal in America.

They felt that to get places up and running even as far to rebuild apartments for example which many people in this area lives in to rebuild they renter’s are paying the actual bill for the refurbishing and sometimes actual rebuilding of the apartment buildings. Apartments use to be very reasonable like parts of New Orleans for example and now many are almost too twice as high then before.

Going back to the shopping center’s many of the shelves are partially empty of goods for reason’s I am yet to figure why unless it also has to do with pricing, I would think in a country like America their wouldn’t be a problem of availability like in other parts of this country.

The damage in parts of New Orleans for example is immense, but you do once a while see work crews mostly so far blocking lanes and repairing along the sides of roads.

I wondered why some of the rebuilding is taking so long and I happened to turn the news on in my room and saw how a suburb of New Orleans their Municipal building is still damaged from Katrina and asking FEMA for help because of some kind of problem with the flood part of their insurance all FEMA will supply money wise for a building such as this that the community needs is $22,000 dollars and no more, so it is going to take a long time for this building to be useable again.

I think back to those people that went through the recent in places like Kentucky and Southern Indiana and think how many of these people may not have flood insurance and they to are not rich people they like Hurricane victims in the South they many never recover their loss either and for this I feel the deepest of sympathy for them.

What I find is all the promises that Bush made way back during hurricane Katrina, what a hot situation of how much help he was going to give the millions of people in the Gulf Coast and so far what I have seen he really has done nothing and as for the price gouging somebody needs to be prosecuted for doing this harm to people.

Every so often I have people mention to me that I do not know what I am talking about writing on this blog page when I will assure you I do not keep my head in the sand like and ostrich. Usually going along with the sand remark is that I am in correct when I do more then just sit behind this computer and write what some may refer to as dribble. That is something I have never done nor will ever do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home