Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Welcome Home to Palestine

Jewish Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Tzipi Livni speaks at a welcoming ceremony for 235 new immigrants from North America, on 13 August 2008, at Ben Gurion Airport near Tel Aviv.

By HRM Deborah

This situation reminds me of a few times in my life even when the was war still occurring and due to sometimes the fears in the rise of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., that some Jewish people every once in awhile would seem to find me seeking help; to go to Palestine for the better thoughts of safety.


What I never explained at the time because of the war and my imprisonment was my identity, for my intentions was to actually help them and it was felt at the time if they knew who I actually was, the attitude may have been different; which would have actually been very sad for me.

While a few had asked me if it would have been safer in Palestine, I always said yes, not knowing how to tell them that for lack of a better word at the time; I was trying to give them sanctuary until the war would be over or the fears that they seemed to have had during there current situation, at that time.

My understanding, some did make it and the thought of this, has always made me happy.


The last one that comes to mind was about 2003-2004.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home