Friday, October 31, 2008

A Shia Door Knob of Hope

A Shia Muslim pilgrim touches the door Knob as they enter the Imam Musa al-Kadhim Masjid (Mosque) to take part in Jumma (Friday) noon prayers in the Kadhimiya district of Baghdad, on 31 October 2008; amidst the outlook of hope, for a better Iraq future without US occupation, genocide and sorrow.

This brings to mind, that for years because I couldn’t get my hands on Dua (prayer) beads because of my situation, I use to use my fingers as Muhammad (PBUH) had said. Then many years later, I found some, but they kept breaking and I would repair; until it seemed impossible to do anymore.

Then it seemed I found a simple one that I still have, among others later; then have been given as loving gifts.

But the most important thing I learned about these prayer beads, it wasn’t just the prayer‘s themselves; but it always gave me hope, when I could see the actual prayer beads in my hands, for something better ahead of me and a reminder that Allah (God) really loves me.


What people need to remember, the majority of my life I have been imprisoned with sever isolation too many times, especially when I was growing-up and at time’s, accept for Allah (God); I tended to be feel as far as people where concerned, utterly alone. Which in later life, I learned this was not so, with too much happiness on my part.

One could equate it that at times it was more like solitary confinement in a prison; at least what I have seen in old movies.-HRM Deborah

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home